My Go-To Blueberry Banana Bread
I’ve been subject to a gluten free diet long before it was a fad- when there were no gluten free menus at restaurants and Udi’s Gluten Free bread was merely a work in progress! Since then, I’ve been able to experiment with a lot of recipes and fine tune them to meet gluten free perfection (well, pretty darn close)!
One of my go-to gluten free desserts is banana bread. My banana bread recipe is quick to make and the ingredients are basic. So, when I'm craving something sweet and delicious, I can usually whip up a batch of banana bread in the spur of the moment!
This particular recipe calls for blueberries, but can easily be subsisted with chocolate chips or enjoyed without these additional ingredients. The final product is fluffy and could easily pass for a loaf of gluten-filled banana bread . Here it is. My old-faithful, banana bread recipe. Enjoy!
· 1/2 cup butter 1 stick, softened
· 1/2 cup sugar, and a little extra for sprinkling on top
· 2 very ripe bananas (just toss them in the mixer, no need to mash beforehand)
· 1/2 cup of blueberries, and some for sprinkling on top
· 2 eggs
· 2 tablespoons heavy cream
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· 2 cups Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour
· 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 1 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
2. In a bowl, cream together butter and sugar (on low speed if you’re using an electric mixer). Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and ripe bananas until well blended. Fold in gluten free flour, xanthan gum, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined then gently add the blueberries.
3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Add leftover blueberries on top for presentation and sprinkle sugar on top.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least 1 hour. Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Download recipe here!